1. We did indeed make it through Christmas with the boy still believing. Phew. I am not silly enough to hope to double down on 2014.
2. I took two weeks off from regularly scheduled life over the holidays. We didn’t go anywhere and we didn’t do much except BE. It was fabulous. I realized I hadn’t had two solid weeks off from work since 2008 when I traveled with this adorable little fellow, his 10 month old sister and my husband to Andros, Greece. Oh and my in-laws, and sister-in-law cause the Greeks travel in tribes.
On our break we made a lot of cookies and two shaky gingerbread houses. Ate a lot of family meals and played board game after board game. It was awesome.
3. My husband gave me a Vitamix for Christmas. Yup an appliance. A blender no less. AND I FREAKIN’ LOVE IT. Best present ever!!! I can’t wait to share some smoothie recipes and the best margarita recipe ever with you!!
4. When you have kids you rarely get to go out on New Year’s Eve. Instead the hubs and I stay in and have appetizers and other treats and at midnight a glass of champagne out of my circa 1994 sorority champagne flutes. See now party t-shirts have long since hit the recycle bin but these glasses, well useful beyond its years I tell ya!
5. Trying to adjust to 2014 and getting the entire family back up and running as normal. It’s not been easy for any of us. My son who didn’t sleep late one day of vacation has been sleeping late every single school day. I have been trying to catch up on work, diet, get working out again, and resume blogging. Yikes.
6. Hey it’s cold outside.But if you watched the circa 2004 Day After Tomorrow you would have known this was coming
|photo credit – Getty Image|
7. On a related note about the weather, my oil tank is in it’s own vortex.
8. Obsessed with the new season of The Bachelor. Yes I am a bad TV addict. Especially reality TV. This season I actually know one of the women competing for Juan Pablo’s heart. Her name is Kat Hurd and she is a nice, smart and funny person. Which probably translates into she doesn’t make it very far….it is reality TV after all.
9. Football is still going on. Last nights BCS Championship game was amazing down to the last second literally. Looking forward to the Patriots taking on the Colts this weekend!!